TP-Link Archer c7 v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
abregohk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 21:41    Post subject: TP-Link Archer c7 v3 Reply with quote
I recently bought an archer c7 and it seems as if alot of people are running dd-wrt as an alternative firmware. I am very interested in doing this since I am getting into the networking field. I would love to test things out and learn more about this firmware.

Last night I did alot of research on whether or not this was a supported router. Sadly, I had a hard time finding out whether or not it is supported. I found alot of people running it on v2 but no said much about v3. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Anyways, I had to register to ask! I imagine that I will be visiting alot if my router is supported.

If it isnt supported, would you all happen to know what would be another great alternative?

Thanks for anyone that can help.
Sponsor
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I know, the V3.0 is same with V2.0. I saw on TP-Link site http://www.tplink.com/en/download/Archer-C7_V2.html#Firmware
file with old version of FW for both versions:
http://www.tplink.com/resources/software/Archer_C7_V2_V3_141110.zip

I think you will get new version quickly enough.
abregohk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this mean I can use the dd-wrt that is for the v2 on the v3?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure, because the firmware do checking for it's version before update. It will be the same software with changed number of device. It is not big problem.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please post a photo of the label on the back of router and, if possible, of the inside (you would have to disassemble it).

Quote from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=994410#994410
the worldwide (non-US) DD-WRT firmware for C7 v2 should flash without issues on ALL C7 v3 variants

Here's latest build: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-10-2015-r28493/tplink_archer-c7-v2/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: